Kristen Wiig Drops Out of Upcoming Apple Comedy Series Due to Scheduling Issues

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 19, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Kristen Wiig is no longer set to star in an upcoming Apple comedy series due to a scheduling conflict with "Wonder Woman 1984," reports Variety. Wiig's exit from the series and the reason behind it were confirmed by an Apple video spokesperson.

As was announced back in January, Wiig was set to play the lead role in a 10-episode comedy show based on the "You Think It, I'll Say It" short story collection from Curtis Sittenfeld. The show would have been Wiig's first regular television role since leaving "Saturday Night Live" in 2012.

[​IMG]

Wiig is instead set to play the villain Cheetah in "Wonder Woman 1984," which is set to be released in November of 2019. The first of Apple's television shows have also been rumored to be debuting in 2019, explaining the scheduling conflicts.

Curtis Sittenfeld's book features 10 stories that "upend assumptions about class, relationships, and gender roles in a nation that feels both adrift and viscerally divided," according to its description on Amazon. According to Variety, Apple still wants to develop the series and the producers for the show are regrouping.

Apple has dozens of other television projects in the works at the current time, with a full list available in the original programming section of our Apple TV roundup.

Article Link: Kristen Wiig Drops Out of Upcoming Apple Comedy Series Due to Scheduling Issues

2. farewelwilliams macrumors 68000

and then gets replaced by the never aging Jennifer Aniston

3. ThunderSkunk, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018

ThunderSkunk macrumors 68030

ThunderSkunk

Good. Forced 80s nostalgia shlock stopped being charming a decade ago.
    Oh, I see... I guess in all that time, Hollywood still hasn't any new ideas, so, bring on the shlock I guess.

4. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

I'd rather see her as Cheetah, because; 1. I love Wonder Woman and Cheetah so much, 2. I'd rather see her get more big film roles instead of streaming TV at this point.

5. michaelant macrumors regular

michaelant

Too bad, but, good for her. She's awesome, and that sounds like a nice high-profile role.

6. Brandhouse macrumors 6502

I think that Apple is only thinking locally with their content and not globally. Take it in context of globally and (assumption) I don't feel that any of their announced content has any relevance or interest, take the announcement of Oprah for an example.

7. Scottsoapbox macrumors 6502a

Scottsoapbox

8. MistrSynistr macrumors 6502a

lol. This has literally happened with ALL of these proposed shows.

9. Someyoungguy macrumors regular

10. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

That would have been steaming TV. Streaming and steaming. Your in all our homes.

11. FelixDerKater Contributor

FelixDerKater

“Scheduling issues” she didn’t know about when signing the contract. OK...

12. itsmilo macrumors 68000

itsmilo

She is already doing another Apple show

13. Geardo_Ranger macrumors member

Geardo_Ranger

I would have done the same thing if I had to choose between both those options.

14. markaceto macrumors newbie

markaceto

Apple removes headphone jack because of "scheduling issues"

Apple delays Mac Pro because of "scheduling issues"

And so on...

15. Lauren Olivia macrumors newbie

Lauren Olivia

16. AmazingRobie macrumors regular

Jennifer Aniston is only as funny as the material she's given to work with, while Kristen Wiig is a true comedian who's funny without a script. There's no comparison really, but don't let that stop you from being the biggest Jennifer Ainston fan you can be...