KRK monitors

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by alex991, Aug 31, 2007.

1. alex991 macrumors newbie

Which monitors are a better buy? the v series or rokit?

thanks

2. limegator macrumors newbie

It really depends on the purpose for your monitors. The V Series and Rokit Series have different price ranges so you're going to have to be a little more descriptive on what you're using them for. Also, you might want to take this to Digital Audio in the 'Special Interest' section since they are studio monitors :)

3. alex991 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response

I intend to connect them to a Tascam FW1082 mixing desk, to record from keyboard and guitar and of course......vocals.

the reason i'm asking (or the main reason) is because the price between the 2 ranges overlap loads so like i could get the krk rp8 for £399 or the V4 for 360.

What is the difference?

4. limegator macrumors newbie

I recommend the KRK RP-8, you will find a lot of reviews with great ratings for this monitor as well. It's all about preference, and you'll hear a lot of people preferring one product over another but all I can say is that a pair of these monitors are super solid and bang for the buck. Tight low-end response and highs are not too bright or harsh :)

5. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

The V series is more accurate overall. Better clarity over all the ranges, better components. The Rockit series sounds muddy to me. I picked the passive ST-6's. They're basically a non powered V-6, need to use your own amp. They're absolutely fantastic though. Highly recommended.

Look at M-Audio BX-8's.

KRK ST's or V series.

Alesis series, you choose.

Right there are some great choices, that you can hopefully squeeze into your budget. You will not be dissapointed. :)

Peace

6. ibook4a macrumors member

ok thanks, high quality components and better accuracy is important to me so i think i'm going to go with the V4. also i think the rp-8's are a little big and its quite a small room i'll be using them in.

Thanks both of you for all your help

Alex