krzr left in washer for 35 minutes!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macman2790, Aug 22, 2007.

1. macman2790 macrumors 6502a

macman2790

i blow dried it and now i have it in a box of rice. Anyone have any better ideas?

How long should it take before i could use it? The inner and outer screens have water in them, on the inside one there is a lot. Is it possible that the screen should be fine?

thanks.

2. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

I say just make the worlds smallest aquarium out of it that things most likely dead

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

i assume there was soap in the washer?

if so, disassemble it, rinse it CAREFULLY with distilled water and let it air dry for like a week.

MAYBE that'll work.
    But if there was soap and you don't do that, you're kinda SOL. :)

4. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I assume you removed the battery?

Do what the others said, at the very least don't use it for a couple days. If it still doesn't work find a friend with a KRZR, take/buy/steal/borrow their little moister indicator. Peel off your red one and put on their white one. I know ooooodles or people that have done that and it has fooled the cell phone people.

5. macman2790 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macman2790

i think it might be ok because it had already gone through most of the rinse cycle, no distilled water here.

6. geese macrumors 6502a

geese

I put a Siemens SL45 through a handwash once (i left it in my trousers). I took the battery out and left it to dry in the airing cupboard for 2 days. It still worked, although there was a big watermark on the screen. And it wasnt quite the same after that. Still a good phone. I miss it. Sniff.

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Was it on or off when it went into the washer?

If it was off, you should be okay as long as it dries out completely.

If it was on, you're ****ed.

8. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

See, the thing is normal tap water (like the one in your washer) has minerals 'n' junk in it that could solidify on the circuits and jam it up. Distilled water is the water that's been evaporated and collected, so it's mineral-free.

:)

9. robPOD macrumors 6502

My iPod nano went through the washing machine and drying in a pocket of my jeans and still works perfectly fine after 3 (days drying)