Kudos to a refreshing attitude from an IT department

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CortexRock, Jul 31, 2008.

1. CortexRock macrumors 6502

I'm just about to start work with a new employer after over five years, having fought tooth-and-nail with my current employers' IT department to get Apple kit in to allow me to do my job properly. :mad:

As part of the run-up to the new job I've been contacted by the new employers' IT team to discuss my requirements. My hopes weren't high, having been told that they were a Dell house, running all thin-clients to desktop, and a Windows Server back-end.

To my delight, the guy I spoke to was refreshingly open to the idea of ordering a Mac for me. They do already have one mac pro in-house in the media department, where I'll be a team leader, so being able to have Apple gear from the word go is a huge bonus.

The IT guy was curious about the features and functionality of the Mac, but not a victim of the usual knee-jerk fear of the unknown I've experienced in the past. I explained the basics, and why I wanted what I do, and it all seems to have gone down with out a problem.

In summary, it's really made me look forward to my new job and also given me an incentive to work harder when I get there.

Does anyone else have tales of similar, unusual joy? :D

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

One of my former employers used Macs in the creative design group, and I was friends with the guy who was responsible for maintaining them. It was fun, but I believe in their cost cutting they had him go to a different role, and I am not sure what they do now with them. :(

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

The IT guys with my company, prefer a very short leash on all computers. No joy here. I can use my own Mac though, on lunch time. This post there now :p