Kudos to Apple Service!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acrafton, Aug 4, 2008.

1. acrafton macrumors 6502

So. . .my wife's 3G IPhone stopped working yesterday:eek: - said it could not make a call. I powered on/off and it was done - displayed the connect to ITunes log but when connected it said there was an error with the SIM or it was password protected (it wasn't).

I tried to book her a res online but the earliest was Tuesday, which was a problem. She went ahead and went into the store and they quickly diagnosed it as a broken phone and ordered a service replacement which was due in Mon or Tue.

This morning they called and said the service replacement wasn't in but they had received new ones and they would hold one for her (they are still selling out here). She went in, they gave her the new one and activated it. Also, she had a screen protector on the broke phone that they took so they just walked over to racks and gave her a new package of protectors.

They have done similar things for me with Macbooks/Pros, etc. . .the Southlake, TX store is great.

You may think this is what Apple should have done and it is no big deal. . perhaps, but man, so many companies don't do this. . .they don't take care of customers and make them feel taken care of when there is a problem.

Just trying to share the love. . .

2. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I agree with you. Despite all the horror stories here, I have been treated very well when I deal with Apple store employees.

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Great to hear! I too have to wait for a new iPhone to be ordered. They say it will be in tomorrow.

There is not one other manufacturer that I know that has this kind of service where normally, you can get an exchange on the same day. It is this type of service that makes people stay loyal to Apple.