Kudos to AT&T

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Tikatika, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

I must have downloaded a rogue app that literally took over my S4 with ads, kept me from using Google Search, instigated a fraud alert to my bank who denied access to their app ... It was a mess.

A Samsung rep in Best Buy tried to fix it, couldn't, had me wipe and restore. That didn't fix it either. Somehow hardware got corrupted!!!!!

AT&T had a replacement S4 at my door in 24 hours. Their understanding and service was exemplary!

2. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Someone save this one for the records we may never see a thread praising AT&T ever again. :p

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

AT&T are amazing. Glad you got your problem fixed. Good customer service is worth paying a large telephone bill for.

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Not really.

But I do agree AT&T's customer service has been excellent each time I've contacted them.

5. jamezr macrumors G4

jamezr

Ditto...i have had to replace 2 defective phones this year.....they replaced them no questions asked.

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Their CS used to suck. But lately they have been good, even their stores operate like Apple stores with the employees doing everything on tablets.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As a paying customer. I have an expectation of good customer support, if any company is unable to provide a level support that is considered good then I move on. My bill size has nothing to do with it.

For the record, I've had good experiences with ATT and VZW, so much so that other factors come into play when deciding which carrier to go too. Sprint is pathetic and was not helpful to my wife so we avoid that one.

For the OP - great news in getting your phone fixed by the rep, we always here about problems so its nice to see some good news.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I just do not understand how software can corrupt hardware ? I assume you never restored the firmware fully in Kies which literally wipes your device utterly - the factory restore you did on the handset may have not been enough, but still amazed a file got so embedded in an area that should have only been accessible if you were rooted.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. My first thought when I saw the thread title was "this has to be sarcasm."