Kung Fu Panda - 3 Movie Set

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by unipnthr, Dec 6, 2018.

1. unipnthr macrumors newbie

unipnthr

Anyone preciously purchase the 3 movie set of Kung Fu Panda from iTunes? Wondering if anyone is have problems with playing the movies. When I pull it up in the iTunes store it says I need to purchase it. Same issue when I do a spotlight search.

It shows up under my purchases and I can download, but it should show up as purchased and able to stream. Checked a recent purchase and no issues. Checked MoviesAnywhere and it shows up as purchased and I can stream. Wondering if others are having the same issue.

2. BODYBUILDERPAUL macrumors 65816

Sometimes the distributor issues a new entry of the film as opposed to a new file to the iTunes store. If this happens, your purchase is still there in your iTunes library / purchased etc BUT on the iTunes store, it will treat it as a complete new entry etc.
    An example in the UK is 'The Holiday'. I purchased this last year but I notice that in the store, it has the price tag on it instead of the word 'purchased'. Not really sure why this happens but as long as we still have our film to watch / download / stream then I guess that there's no worries :)
    Only BAD example for me was a Charlie Parker jazz film. It changed distributors and for some reason, the file was removed by Apple hence I lost my purchase - of course, I wasn't going to buy it again.
    Some films disappear from the iTunes Store and never return years later - the beautiful film 'The Rebound' was removed from the iTunes store about 5 years ago here in the UK and sadly has never returned - I know that as I have a DVD rip of it and a BluRay disc and i've been wanting to buy an iTunes HD copy for the last five years :'( (I no longer have bluray
    player so the disc is useless to me but it was only £1.00 on Amazon).

3. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

uggh, I hate this. I had this issue today when trying to watch some of the Alien-franchise movies today. I saw it on my computer iTunes. I went to the Apple TV did a siri search and it said I needed to BUY. tried searching again and the same issue for any of them. Then I had to go under Purchased to view the movies. It's too bad a search cannot easily see that I already purchased a version of this movie as a bundle back in 2016, so at least show that one too.