KVM problems. Lindy KVM Switch Lite DVI 2 Port

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by digisam, Dec 19, 2008.

1. digisam macrumors newbie

I purchased the above KVM to sue my cinema screen keyboard and mouse with my macbook pro.

When it is all plugged in the tower worked ok, though I was getting a minute delay for the keyboard to start working, but Lindy suggested that I plugged the USB straight into the KVM I get no delays.

However when i switch to the mbp both screens go blue, and then will switch the desktop for a second (frozen) then blue again, sometimes black.

I think it maybe a return job. Does anyone use a KVM with a mbp and a cinema screen with success?

Or is there a way to "boost" the signal out of the DVI?

Thanks

Sam

2. zmttoxics macrumors 65816

zmttoxics

I had a quick look at their products and they all seem to be "brainless" switches. Which is bad.

Good KVMs are more expensive and are driven with microcontrollers. I have a 200 dollar 2 port from iogear, and of my 5 KVMs, its the best one because of the microcontroller. I can program it to emulate keyboard styles, I can split the usb controller so that I can say leave a printer on one computer which switched to the other. Very slick KVM and hasn't failed me in the 2 years I have had it.

Here is a nice looking DVI one with a microcontroller: http://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1782/

Can't stress that brain factor enough. :D

3. digisam thread starter macrumors newbie

curiously i have tried the mpb in bootcamp running xp and i am sad to say it works fine, with no problems.

It must be an OS issue, not outputting a high enough signal or something.

Annoying.