KVM Recommendations

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bbeers, Feb 14, 2008.

1. bbeers macrumors regular

bbeers

I am looking at getting a KVM to my two Macs. One computer is a Mac Mini and the other is a MacBook/MacBook Pro (undecided on which one I am going to actually get) I am need it to be a DVI and USB connections. I don’t care about any fancy features I just want a reliable KVM., at a decent price. I am thinking the $100 mark. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan

2. Toknee macrumors member

3. bbeers thread starter macrumors regular

bbeers

Thanks for the recommendation.

Do all the keys, including the eject key on the mac keyboard, work with this guy, or only the standard keys.

And you wouldn't happen to know of one a little cheaper do you. the dual link DVI is a little over kill for me. But thanks again.

4. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

I've been unhappy with IOGear

Have had three IOGear KVMs and all three of them have died shortly after the warranty period ended.

5. bbeers thread starter macrumors regular

bbeers

Almost like they make that happen. Good to know thanks.

Advoid IOGear

6. RamenBooko macrumors member

7. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

I'm also scrounging for a DVI/USB KVM and the Flip looks OK. I especially like that I don't have to have the box with all the thick, messy cables up on my desk since that Belkin Flip has a remote.

Brendan: note that the Flip is $125 shipped from Amazon, so that's getting closer to your $100 target. Perhaps enough so to splurge :) Reviews on there seem OK too.

Mike