KVM requires me to power on both computers.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by a350, Nov 11, 2009.

1. a350 macrumors regular

I am using a KVM switch (TRENDnet TK-207) to share my apple keyboard and mouse between my Mac Pro (early 2009) and my mac mini (intel) .
    Everything works pretty much normal as far as mouse functions and keyboard functions, I can switch between the two normally.

The problem comes when both computers are powered off and I go to power on the Mac Pro, the KVM just blinks until I turn on the mac mini, then it will let me use the mouse and keyboard on the mac pro.
    I can shut down the mac mini and the KVM will continue to work normally until I power off the mac pro.
    I can put the mac pro to sleep and it will awake and the KVM will work normally.

What should I be doing to find the problem?

2. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

Which computer are you leaving the KVM set to when you shut everything down?

3. a350 thread starter macrumors regular

The mac pro.
    When I get a chance I am going to try to see if I can power the mac mini with the mac pro off and see what results I get.

I have switched the ports on the KVM but same issue.

4. a350 thread starter macrumors regular

Same thing occurs when I start the mac mini without the mac pro on, I have to turn on the mac pro before the mouse and keyboard will work.