Kyle's Computing

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wonderspark, Dec 4, 2011.

1. wonderspark macrumors 68030

wonderspark

Anyone heard of / used www.kylescomputing.com before? Seems really sketchy. No contact info, even though they tell you there is one somewhere.

2. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I wouldn't trust it, theres no contact form that he keeps mentioning, theres no reviews when googling the name, unless you were to go to a b&m store I would stay away.

3. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

It is great to order from small independent places, but only when they deserve it. If they set up a website that looks like that and don't provide even basic contact information then they don't deserve your business.

4. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I wouldn't trust a website that has only 3 paragraphs of information on the whole site aside from product info.... and one of them mentions the nonexistent contact form

6. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Agree with the above. If they put this little effort into the website, what makes you think anything else they do is going to be any good?

EDIT: Chrome moans about some of the security on the checkout pages too (not that I actually bought anything).

7. HD-Sam macrumors newbie

Their domain was registered 10 days ago, and the contact information has been privatized. I'd stay far away

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah, it makes little sense to trust a site that just got registered and contact info is not available

9. Idecim8 macrumors newbie

I dont know what to think. I was shopping around for an ipad and this website shows up on the app " googleshopper"

Shows the cheapest prices locally and online for any product u look for, do you guys think this could add to its credability?

10. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

No emaill, no address, no phone number, no contact form.

No business.

11. charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

shame really, because hard rives are soooo cheap hehehe

12. Gipper925 macrumors newbie

Had to reply to this since it appears to be the only discussion regarding "Kyle's Computing". :)

The site does indeed appear to be a scam. I went though the order process and noted that although they claim to be using HTTPS, there is no SSL certificate! The order form looks to be a simple credit card harvesting form. I filled it out with bogus info and received a generic response that a rep will process the information. I bet they will, right into their CC database! :mad:

13. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

30 day return policy, provided (a) you actually receive the item you paid for in the first place and (b) they do a better job of including contact information on the invoice than they do on their website. (c) they don't give you a "bait and switch" runaround, when you do try to return it. (d) Would you really want to do business with a place called "Kyle's Computing?"

No thanks. Sometimes it is just worthwhile paying that little extra to do business with an established and reputable company.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, I wouldn't buy from them.

15. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Oh hai, Kyle!

16. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

It was a little obvious, which I only bothered to give it a DOWN at the time.

Not worth any more effort, really. ;)

17. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

18. desert west macrumors newbie

Regarding Kyle's Computing website

it is a bogus site using a data collection program/process known as PIWIK. the purpose of the site is to collect information, including credit card numbers, from your computer. it appears to be originating from one of the former baltic states and/or russian federation. if you visit the site, be sure to disable cookies. hope this helps. for additional info, email me.

19. wonderspark thread starter macrumors 68030

wonderspark

Man, I hate scammers! They need Scott to wish cancer on them all:

[​IMG]

20. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

Good reminder to run Cookie Stumbler, because I did visit the site and didn't disable cookies first. Found a Kyle's Computing cookie and removed it.

21. BreakGuy macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

Does not look professional under any aspect. If this guy was serious about his business and wanting to make legitimate money, he would have spent some money on creating a professional looking website to begin with. It looks like it has been thrown together in 5 minutes in an attempt to lure some unfortunate individual into giving them their hard earned money only to never see a product.

22. Jeffersonian macrumors newbie

This is simply an expression of appreciation for this thread.

Kyle's comes in very cheap on Google search for external hard drives, yet is unrated. I haven't found any other site that actually discusses Kyle's, although I admit not putting more than five minutes into the effort.

I'll be spending more for the same item somewhere but Kyle's, with a greater sense of security.

Regards,

23. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

If you don't mind receiving nothing for your money - I'll sell you the same stuff even cheaper!!:rolleyes: ;) :D

24. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

And a new shill has joined the fray.

Beach this whale, it's dead.