L Chargers won't work but T Charger does?!?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nomers13too, Sep 24, 2014.

1. nomers13too macrumors newbie

I have a Mid-2010 MB and on Monday of this week I got a service battery warning. At the same time my L shaped charger stopped working, so I bought a new one so I could at least maintain a charge till I could get my battery fixed. However, the new L shaped charger didn't work. I figured this was obviously a battery issue so I ordered a new battery from Ifixit and figured I'd need to wait till the battery was replaced. While my sister was over, I figured I would try using her T-shaped charger from her Mid-2009 Mac Book pro and Voila! it charged. I just changed my battery, and while the service battery light is gone and I've got a working battery, my computer still will not charge from the L-shaped mag safe. However, my sisters T-shaped charger is working just fine. I'm not sure what to do, I'm considering ordering an old T-shaped charger, but since I just bought a new charger I'm a bit hesitant to do so until I've exhausted all my options with the L chargers. Any advice or input would be very welcomed as I can't keep my sisters charger forever:(.

2. NathanA macrumors 6502a

How do you know that the new L-shape charger that you bought is good and not DOA? Did you try using your new L charger on your sister's laptop to see if it would work on another computer? Maybe it was dead out of the box!

-- Nathan