L/F Star Trek: A Final Unity

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by spencecb, Apr 21, 2009.

1. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

I use to have this game back when I had a PC, and would love to find it again...

Not sure if it was ever made for Mac OS, and even if it was, I guess it wouldn't work today because I no longer have the Classic Environment.

I guess my question is: If I found this game for Windows, and installed Windows on an Intel Mac, would this game function? Or is it too old for Windows to play nicely with it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Talk about a week late and a dollar short (to coin a phrase) I just threw my old copy out like a week ago when I was going through my old game discs.

Sorry man :(

3. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

spencecb

Was it a PC version? Or was there actually a MacOS version?

I'm pretty sure I still have a PC version at my parent's place. Not completely sure though.

4. jakeguy99 macrumors regular

jakeguy99

5. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

spencecb

Yes, it does look really cool. I've wanting a new Mac, so this will be one of my reasons to get it :)

Looks like it only supports Windows, right?

6. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

According to this, there was both a PC and Mac version. The PC version ran in DOS and so it should run just fine on a modern Mac under the DOSBox emulator. I wouldn't even bother trying to get the Mac version running, if you can even find it.

7. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

spencecb

Very cool. I saw a couple of copies on eBay, I might go ahead and buy one. My partner has a PC, so I could play it on there until I get a new Mac this summer at some point.

Thanks for this post.

8. jakeguy99 macrumors regular

jakeguy99

Yeah STO will be PC and console, I wont complain, i just want it to come out so I can play :p

9. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

Until STO comes out, I'll be happy with all the ways to destroy ships and the wonderfully fun damage modeling of Bridge Commander. I have over 1000 ships for that game. I also enjoy Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations and Sacrifice of Angels 2. Star Trek games are great!

10. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

spencecb

I use to have the original Star Trek: Aramada game, and I remember liking it.

I may need to do some eBaying and find some of these older games once I get my new Mac this summer. I'm going to hold off until after WWDC in the off chance they do some bumps to the MacBook line. I can't swing one right now, anyway, so another couple of months will better prepare me to buy one, and I may just get a better performing one :D

11. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I don't know...

With the new Star Trek movie coming out, Star Trek is "fashionable" again.

I'm looking for some old ST console games to have as backup copies. I have had a lot of trouble finding them.

Looks like the publishers only made a handful of copies. Now with the show becoming popular again, not to mention the game collectors, and the Star Trek collectors, copies are getting harder and harder to find... :eek:

Great for me - I got a lot of the stuff when it first came out and they are turning out to be rare, increasing their value...

OP - maybe add to the thread title "or other Star Trek games"?

12. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

Keep in mind that since its a DOS game, you'll have to run it under DOSBox whether you plan to run it under Windows or OS X.

13. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

I still have all the discs of Starfeet Academy and Star Trek 25th Anniv. Edition. Also Starship Creator with all the expansions and Captain's Chair.