l

alansmallen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Don't worry, I haven't opened AOL in years. I don't even have it on my CPU. All my mail goes straight to Thunderbird.

So anyone interested in helping?

AriX

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2007
Don't worry, I haven't opened AOL in years. I don't even have it on my CPU. All my mail goes straight to Thunderbird.

I guess I'm interested - I'm thirteen and... well... know my stuff :p :apple:

StealthRider

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2002
Here and there!

If you're going to do a tech podcast, you should probably know the difference between a "CPU", a "computer", and a "hard drive"...sorry pet peeve.

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Care to elaborate on the kind of help you're looking for? Specifics please.

I happen to be a 17 year old tech-savvy mac enthusiast. I'm good looking too. :cool:

natesters

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2007
hey, this sounds like fun:)....i will be 13 in two weeks. close enough??

interested in what you're looking for

AriX

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2007
Since nothing is happening, how about everyone interested sends me their emails - arix at squaremint dot com. We can make a private forum or something and schedule a date.....

r1ch4rd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2005
Manchester UK
I'm going to give you some advice. Although I have never made a podcast I do know what makes a bad one. I have listened to more than my fair share of awful tech podcasts.

If you pick some random "teens" from a forum who claim to know their stuff and then just talk to each other with a microphone you are going to end up with something rubbish. You need to do a lot of planning before each episode and make sure that everyone involved does some research and knows what they are going to say. There is nothing worse than people who just babble on about something they know nothiing about for half an hour. Also, have you decided what exactly you are going to cover. You can't just talk about "tech", are you going to cover the news or are you going to do things like "howtos" or both?

Anyway, my point is, you need to put some time into planning.

alansmallen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
This has been in planning for several months. I am talking to candidates and we have our first show planned and are recording this weekend.