Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rutiger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
I took a chance and installed the beta and it appears client VPN is busted or something under the hood changed. L2TP client VPN to my various firewall devices no longer works.

If anyone else encounters this issue and figures out a fix please post it.

rutiger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
Just tested anyconnect/SSL to the same firewall and it works. So seems just the native client or L2TP is the issue.

rez07

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2009
I´m also facing the same problem in MacBook Air M1 while trying to connect to my workplace. Also, the same happens with my iPad Pro 2018 with iPadOS 16 - L2TP stopped working. I hope this is just a bug. I made a report with Feedback Assistant

Last edited:

rutiger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
Someone figured it out and let me know. If you use Apple Configurator to generate a VPN config and then install that profile it works. Something about creating it system settings is where the problem lives. Anyway, I'm now back on my L2TP VPN :)

Reactions: Ready-for-Apple

Papester

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
I may have jumped the gun on "it's working" :( . While I am able to connect, it looks like DNS is not working when set to use the tunnel for all traffic.

rez07

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2009
Someone figured it out and let me know. If you use Apple Configurator to generate a VPN config and then install that profile it works. Something about creating it system settings is where the problem lives. Anyway, I'm now back on my L2TP VPN :)
How do you do that?

Edit: never mind, I figured it out, and it does work, thanks!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.