L4D2 The Passing and Mutations

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Zepaw, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Left 4 Dead 2's DLC came out today. The Passing is a new campaign with 3 chapters. It has some cameos by survivors from the original Left 4 Dead. I like the map a lot.

Even better in my opinion in "Mutation". Valve made 20 different variations on the game to make versus more fun, they will cycle in a new one each week. Only two are known at this point, a game mode with chainsaws that never run out of gas, and this first week is Realism Versus. If you know what Realism is you know this is insane, but its pretty dang fun.

Good updates. :D

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Gonna try it on PC tonight. I've not got much hope for the new maps though considering how terrible Crash Course was. The modes sound fun though.
    I used to really love L4D and played it every night, now it's just full of people who are no fun to play with. I hope all the good players come out of the woodwork for this update.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ok that was actually pretty good! It's got that better L4D1 campaign feel to it, it was varied, constrained, easily traversable (until the sewer bit mygod!). The new UCI is a really good idea and was definitely needed at some points. The finale was really well done too.
    I'd go as far as to say it's my fave L4D2 campaign so far.

Didn't have enough time to try mutator mode.

4. Zepaw thread starter macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Agreed. I was really starting to miss the feel of Left 4 Dead, but when I actually went back to try to play it last week the players were all terrible. I think most were trying to bomb for the fun of it. This update gave me my fix. ;)