Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ringu

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Help. I was using my 'pocket' firewire La Cie/Porsche drive to do a routine backup of my PB (OSX 10.3.9), using La Cie's own Silverkeeper software.

For some unknown reason, my whole computer froze (first time that's ever happened) and I had to restart using the power button.

Now, I can't get the hard drive to mount - can anyone help me out?

Thanks

PS - I've updated to the latest firmware from http://www.lacie.com/support/drivers/ and still no luck.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Does it show up in Disk Utility? If so, try reformatting it. This has always worked the few times mine or a friends drives didn't mount.

Ringu

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
ITASOR said:
Does it show up in Disk Utility? If so, try reformatting it. This has always worked the few times mine or a friends drives didn't mount.

Thanks for your help. So far, it just makes Disk Utility get that little whirling circle "Gathering disk information". Nothing seems to be happening.
:(

LaCie's 'Update Tool" can see the drive, (it just comes up with a dialogue box saying "your firmware is up to date" or something like that) but it doesn't mount it. Grrr.

Any other ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.