Resolved LA/OC: Which 3G ipad2 are you getting?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by denness544, Mar 14, 2011.

1. denness544 macrumors member

I'm planning on getting the Verizon version since it sounds more reliable coverage wise. I used to own an iphone4 with at&t, I loved the speed when I had coverage but that was the biggest problem. I could never get consistent 3G speed with at&t in downtown LA. Having never used Verizon, can you folks in the area recommend it over at&t? I take the train from OC to LA everyday for work so a reliable connection is important.

2. joec1101 macrumors 6502

I'm not sure I will even get a 3G version, but if I do, it will be the AT&T version.

My experience with Verizon 3G wasn't so good with the iPhone - I just couldn't bear the slow data speeds, so I returned it & ported back to my AT&T iPhone (good thing I hadn't sold it yet!)

I guess you can always do the same thing with the iPad - just try the VZW version and see how it works out. Not sure what the return/cancellation policy is for VZW - it might be only 14 days, so just make sure you test it out during your trial period. It's really too bad they didn't desging a GSM/CDMA version, so the user could choose either carrier on the same device. Oh well...maybe in the future.