La Robe sleeve for the Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ROGERWILCO357, Oct 15, 2009.

1. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

Ok I have A Macbook Pro and bought this La Robe by be.әz. To protect the laptop from dust and maybe scratches and even A drop. I bought A sleeve called La Robe that is made of neoprene and that memory foam that I guess if it fell would shield the impact somewhat has anyone bought this sleeve and if so have you had any accidents where it saved you or not? Now the Incase sleeve will that offer any protection against it falling off A table ? Wow thats alot of questions just pick and answer what you want ..thanks in advance

2. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

I have one since years for my MBP. It's very protective yeah. My laptop is still there after 4 years of intensive use and many travels.

3. ROGERWILCO357 thread starter macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

Yes

Just what I wanted to know I love the feel and comfort of the memory foam on my bed now I know my MacBook loves it too..

4. findwaldonow macrumors member

I have the same sleeve and I really like the memory foam and the rib of cushion around the side which seems like it would prevent a dent pretty well. I wasn't too happy with the loose fit of my 15" Macbook pro in it. There's at least 1/4 to 1/2 inch of room between the zipper and the computer it can jiggle around in there but I assume it's somewhat because there are lips inside to prevent the computer from scraping up against the inside of the zipper. I strap the sleeve into my backpack pouch and it's pretty snug so I don't worry about it so much. I also think the black one with the irregular stripes is pretty classy looking.

5. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

Yeah there are some lip. But yeah this is also why it's very protective. And more good news: it's washable !!

6. marclondon macrumors regular

I bought two of these - one for my son's macbook pro 13 and one for mine, also a macbook pro 13. So far they have been excellent - snug fit and reassuring.

7. ROGERWILCO357 thread starter macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

Cool

I found them on amazon and they were under 20 bucks that was A big
    WOW factor for me since the others where over 30 bucks and no memory foam. Thanks hope we never have to find out if the protection is warranted . But if you should happen to drop it please post the outcome either way ..

8. ROGERWILCO357 thread starter macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

so no negatives

great only positive feedback . Hope no one drops there Mac but if it happens hope you have it in A protective sleeve .

9. crzymunky21 macrumors newbie

I was just looking into this and seeing as how you can never be too protected, I was just wondering if my laptop would fit inside the sleeve with an incase hardshell on it. Can anyone confirm this? Is this too too much for a mac? A sleeve and a hardcase shell?

Thank you in advance as always =]

10. phixiuz macrumors regular

I think it should work, but it would be pretty tight fit. My laptop without hardshell still has some air to breathe. And I thought this sleeve was designed for every 13" and the 13" Macbook is quite a bit thicker so ;).