Lab Tick 0.7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by arepty, Nov 22, 2007.

1. arepty macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I saw that Lab Tick has been discussed here before, so I thought I would let you know that after a long time of inactivity, version 0.7 has been completed and released today. The new version includes customizable hot keys as well as better support for both Leopard and Tiger than previous versions did.

If you have a PowerBook or MacBook Pro with a backlit keyboard, you can download the new version now.

Cheers,
    Alex

2. admiraldennis macrumors regular

That's pretty slick.

Apple's implementation of keyboard backlighting control is poor at best and frustrating at worse.

I find backlighting annoying and choose to keep mine disabled entirely, however.

3. arepty thread starter macrumors newbie

That's why I decided to write this application. Apple's implementation of this feature is far from perfect, and I have heard a lot of reports from users about their ambient light sensors not working perfectly all the time, so it makes sense to have an application like this.

I think it's actually really helpful if the environment is sufficiently dark. I wouldn't want to enter my password in the dark again when I wake my PowerBook from sleep. :)

Cheers,
    Alex

4. arepty thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I have tweaked Lab Tick a lot since I posted this message. Version 0.8.2 has been released today, and since 0.7 the following things have been added/changed:

• Italian localization
    • power management
    • reduced CPU usage
    • minor bugs eliminated & other tweaks

Lab Tick is available for free, but I do encourage donations. I am currently running a fundraiser to help raise the money for a new development machine. You can find out more about it (and donate, if you wish) on my blog.

Cheers,
    Alex