Label Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by brand, Jun 15, 2008.

1. brand macrumors 601

brand

Does anyone have any experience with using a label printer on their Mac? I am interested in getting one for around the house and am trying to decide between the DYMO LabelWriter 400 and the Brother QL-570 or a hand held label printer.

Right now Newegg has the Brother QL-570 on sale for $49.99 but the sale ends tomorrow on June 16th so I need to make a decision preferable sometime tomorrow. If anyone has any advice or help I would greatly appreciate it.

2. comptr macrumors 65816

Try out this option for a label printer : Brother P-Touch QL-500. It works on the mac.

3. brand thread starter macrumors 601

brand

Since this is the last day of the sale I went ahead and got the Brother QL-570 from Newegg for $50. I will be using it for home use and my initial use was to organize my filing cabinet but will also use it for address labels.

4. Mork macrumors 6502

I tried the QL-570 but it would not print from the Mac Address book using the current software (Dec, 2011). I had to return it. Not sure a label printer is really worth it, in my case at least, anyway.

With Address book, you can print to label sheets directly. That's of course not as flexible as printing a single label, or maybe a group of labels from Address book, on demand.

For a single envelope, you can use Word (easiest in my opinion). Of course, here, you would need a printer that prints envelopes and mine doesn't do it that well. But, still, well enough where with all the other cool mac-built-in-stuff, I have to wonder if plunking down $90 for, say, a DMYO is worth it.

- m