labels for frequent locations

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by msvadi, Oct 25, 2013.

1. msvadi macrumors regular

I wonder if it's possible to give labels to frequent locations. iOS 7 saved most of the places I visit under generic and very uninformative names. Driving notifications I see in the notification center are not very useful. They typically say something like "Right now it would take you about 15 minutes to drive to (the name of my city)," which is not very useful since I'm already in that city and a dozen of my frequent locations are saved under similar names.

2. DucMike macrumors member

DucMike

Only thing that comes to mind is to attach each address you go to to a contact, so instead of saying "...right now it would take you about 15 minutes to drive to (the name of my city)", it would say "...right now it would take you about 15 minutes to drive to Brandy's" or the like.

3. msvadi thread starter macrumors regular

Good idea. I'll try that. I'm also trying saving those places as bookmarks in Apple Maps. May be one of those things will work.

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Definitely recommend what DucMike says.

Previously, when I was at work, it would tell me that it would take 27 minutes to go to the city I live in. I added my home address to a contact card for myself, and after that, it would tell me it would take me 27 minutes to get home.

Same with the reverse, going to work.

5. msvadi thread starter macrumors regular

So, I think I know what the problem is. Apparently, some of my frequent locations don't have a street address associated with them in Apple Maps. Even when I create contacts from Maps for those locations, they still show up under very generic descriptions in the notification center.

6. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

Have you guys got it work for anything other than home and work? It seems like whatever I save for my contacts doesn't show up, it just shows the address along with destination time