Labor Day - How was your summer?

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Well, today's Labor Day, which marks the official end of summer (unless if you go by the sun.) How was your summer? What did you do?

Let's see...I went to Chicago in June, and I started school about three weeks ago, so my summer ended then. That was pretty much it for my summer. I didn't really do much today, either. I'm expecting an extremely busy year, however, with business, family, and school.

What did you do?

-iMacZealot

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
My summer was fairly good. I went to Glacier National park for a few weeks. After I got home from that I made an attempt at climbing Mt Shasta, but didn't quite make it to the summit, I still had to go up about another 100 feet or so. other than that, I just worked until school started.

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
Sat inside and read in my spare time. Its been a down-poor for what seems like the whole summer.

Guess its my fault for living in Vancouver. :rolleyes:

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
I had in an impossible to explain way, the best summer of my life.

really.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
My summer was fairly good. I went to Glacier National park for a few weeks. After I got home from that I made an attempt at climbing Mt Shasta, but didn't quite make it to the summit, I still had to go up about another 100 feet or so. other than that, I just worked until school started.
That reminds me...I also went to Yellowstone for a day. It was probably my third or fourth visit. I'd really like to go to Glacier someday. I also was planning on going to Mt Shasta on Spring Break about two years ago, but I was going to Asia the next month and had to cut the trip short in Mendocino.

jialuolu

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2005
Canada
I'm sad to see summer go and school start. Did lots of camping and went bungee jumping (200 ft!) for the first time yesterday :D

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
uumm wats labour day??
Oops, it's an American holiday (one of the few). It's just a day of rest for the employed, and Memorial Day (last Monday in May) and Labor Day (first Monday in September) traditionally mark the start and end of summer for most.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
Singapore
Labor Day stunk for me. Details at my blog.
aww u poor thing i read ur blogg. tht was a hard day!!!

Oops, it's an American holiday (one of the few). It's just a day of rest for the employed, and Memorial Day (last Monday in May) and Labor Day (first Monday in September) traditionally mark the start and end of summer for most.
aaahhh i see. it all makes sense now. thts a wierd name, seeing as tho on labour day you o anthing but labourous tasks haha

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Let's see. Expensive. :cool:

24" 2.4GHz iMac with 2GB Kingston RAM upgrade.
High-Def (HD DVD, BD) Collection
Decided to buy my first Suite, Ralph Lauren/CHAPS for two Weddings

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
aaahhh i see. it all makes sense now. thts a wierd name, seeing as tho on labour day you o anthing but labourous tasks haha
Yeah, and there's also the rule that you can't wear white after Labor Day. I forgot about that.

I think I'll wear white tomorrow. I just now need to find a white shirt that also is in compliance with my school dress code.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
Singapore
Yeah, and there's also the rule that you can't wear white after Labor Day. I forgot about that.

I think I'll wear white tomorrow. I just now need to find a white shirt that also is in compliance with my school dress code.
thats a very wierd rule....

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
haha fair enuf. sometimes i just dont get you americans. yous have the wierdest things setup over there
Yeah, we're pretty crazy, but at least the original intent for our country wasn't to be a giant prison.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
haha really. lookout us convicts are pretty lethal :p

nah actually i think aust is one of the nicest countries, not counting the rapists and all that
Well, we have our share of those here, too.

~*~*~*~*~

Yeah, my summer was also pretty uneventful. The beginning of school is always bittersweet. This was also the first year of school I had to too summer reading, and I blew it off until August, so I had 100 pages per day to read. :eek:

In fact, I need to read 78 pages of Les Miserables by 8:00 AM today, and it's already 12:30. :eek:

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Hmmm, at the beginning of the summer I moved half-way across the country to be closer to my girlfriend. And then a week before Labor Day she broke up with me. :(
Not the best summer I've ever had...