Laborious Upgrade to IOS4.2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ensign Paris, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

'ello,

<rant> I am quite unimpressed with the upgrade to 4.2 for the iPad. It felt more like I was upgrading a 10 year old WinTel POC (Which luckily I have never done, and never will do). First an upgrade for 10.6, then the upgrade for iTunes 10.1 and then restart, upgrade firmware and then boot up to download the IOS4.2, um, OS for the iPad, and then Sync the iPad. And then restart the iPad.

Urgh, far far far too many clicks. Apple cannot erode their pure usability experiences by having insanely laborious and boring Installation experience. I want to see a 1-click upgrade, with a instructive but short movie about the new functionalities whilst the new software installs. I want to see this as a combined upgrade for my configuration.</rant>

How should this proceed?
    Good day,
    Ensig

2. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

You didn't have to do it all in one shot though, hasn't the 10.6 and itunes 10.1 upgrade been out for a little while. You could have done those when they came out, and then just did the ipad today... maybe, I don't know, seems like a silly thing to be unimpressed about....