Lacie 1-Click Backup for MAC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by capoditutti, Jun 21, 2007.

1. capoditutti macrumors 6502

capoditutti

Has anyone used it - is it any good? I've just got a 500Gb drive with this thrown in, and i'm still wondering which freeware solution to use for good backup of my machine.. The backup doesnt need to be bootable (though it would be nice), just reliable should i need to redo the whole machine.

cApO

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I just got this in a Lacie drive I bought, I haven't tried it but I use Carbon Copy Cloner because it is free and it allows you o make a bootable clone of disc. I just reclone about every 30 days and then if I have a problem I can move the cloned image to a new disk for whichever Mac has the problem.

Another popular program is SuperDuper.

3. capoditutti thread starter macrumors 6502

capoditutti

Have you ever had to use one of your clones, as made by CCC? Did you experience any problems, if any?

cApO

4. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Actually yes, I upgraded the HDD in my Macbook and used CCC to clone the stock drive, no problem at all.

5. capoditutti thread starter macrumors 6502

capoditutti

That's good to hear - i know i sound a bit paranoid about it but it's not really helpful getting backup recommendations from people who've never had to use the backups they will have made..

I'll look at it and probably set it up in due course..