LaCie 324i geometry issues.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by gtiunderscore13, Mar 19, 2011.

1. gtiunderscore13 macrumors newbie

I purchased a LaCie 324i monitor along with a Mac Pro. From day one I have had issues with the geometry on the monitor on certain resolution settings. At 1920x1200 everything is fine. At 1920x1080 (the resolution I would like to have it on) circular objects are oval instead and proportions are all wrong. LaCie has replaced the monitor twice now and I have tested two monitors on three computers and one monitor on two computers and I get the same issue across the board. Apple and LaCie cannot come up with a solution and I cannot find anything online about a similar issue. ANY suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. SuperJudge macrumors 6502

SuperJudge

Isn't that pretty much what happens when you don't use an LCD panel at its native resolution or at least at its native aspect ratio?

3. TheStrudel macrumors 65816

TheStrudel

It's a scaling issue - do you get black bars when you set it to that resolution?

If you don't, is there an option in the monitor's menus (OSD - On Screen Display) to select aspect or 1:1 or actual pixel scaling? If not, then it's never going to work.

You're complaining of non-square pixels resulting from stretching instead of pixel aspect ratio scaling. This will always happen when you use an LCD at non-native resolution without proper scaling.