LaCie 32GB RuggedKey USB 3.0 Flash Drive

varunkrish

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Just got one these drives today.It is the LaCie 32GB RuggedKey

Not the fastest drive out there. Mainly bought this for extra storage on my rMBP. I own this drive and a 64GB lexar drive which is almost double the price of this LaCie drive.Sadly this one maxes out at 32GB

Added a disk speed test below for reference

Apple Store Link

Any one else got this drive ? Please share disk speeds.

Attachments

Last edited:

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
i dont have one yet but i plan on getting one in the next month or so. have a lot USB 2.0 flash drives but now with a usb 3.0 mac it would be nice to use since its backwards compatible with usb 2.0. now that you have had it for a few days how do you like it?

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
If I may ask, how much was it?
just picked one up today. its $40 for the 16 GB and $70 for the 32 GB. You wont be able to order it online for a while though because its backordered. I did an in-store pickup but checked ahead first to make sure it was in stock.

treswrld

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
Atlanta, GA
RuggedKey Desktop Icon

HELP! I formatted my 32GB Lacie RuggedKey and lost that neat little desktop icon. I went to the Lacie website and found a desktop icon for every one of their drives except the RuggedKey. I even contacted customer support. They sent me a generic looking icon that someone just cropped in Photoshop and it wasn't even transparent! How lazy is that? Anyway, I'm hoping someone here can copy their desktop icon and email it to me. It's an image file with a .icns file extension. If you can help, please respond to this post and I'll send you my email address. Thanks a bunch.