Lacie 3TB thunderbolt 2 file transfer error

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by changareth, Jul 22, 2015.

1. changareth macrumors newbie

hi I recently bought a LaCie 3TB thunderbolt drive and upgraded to Yosemite and I transferred some files over to my LaCie drive via thunderbolt. Every time I transfer files to the drive its fine but when I try to copy files from the LaCie back to my hard drive I get an error code 36. This happens very randomly, small files are usually ok but for example a 40gb file would never make it.

Trust me I searched every where online and I tried the dot_clean terminal solution and it didn't work out. I tried reformatting the drive several times including repartitioning and the problem still occurs. I thought it might be Yosemite so I even tried downgrading back to Maverick but it's the same. My LaCie comes with 2 Thunderbolt ports at the back I tried them both too and it didn't fix the problem. I tried transferring via USB port on the LaCie and it works fine. So I'm wondering what is the problem here?

Mac mini (late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Can you try this on another computer that has thunderbolt? Did you try contacting LAcie on this?

3. changareth thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi thanks for the reply and nope I have tried on another computer but I'm trying to find another computer which has thunderbolt for me to try. I contacted LaCie and their super unhelpful!!

4. ssmed macrumors 6502

ssmed

Which version of Yosemite are you using? I am seeing the same with a Promise R6, but only when shared from another drive - exceptionally annoying and not just occasionally. I am using 10.10.4. I couldn't find a clear reason for this error on searching either. This happens on a couple of different computers both running the same OS