Lacie 4big Quadra eSATA + MBP 17" + AJA Io HD?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by killmoms, Aug 3, 2009.

1. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

So, I'm needing to build a "semi-mobile" secondary video capture/editing station for my office, and I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with using these three components together for ProRes 422 HQ projects. Is there a stable/reliable eSATA Expresscard34 for the MacBook Pro in Leopard? Does the Lacie 4big Quadra (or some other integrated external eSATA RAID 5 solution) have enough bandwidth to support ProRes 422 HQ capture and editing in 720p60? How is the Io HD (I've only used the Kona 2 and 3)?

Basically I need to price this out and don't want to end up selecting components that are going to be finicky or cause headaches, so any expertise here would be helpful.

2. iCan2 macrumors newbie

I use the following

I use a Future Shop brand el cheapo eSATA PCIe expresscard adapter without any special software. My HD is a custom made 2 X 1 TB 7200 RPM MacAlly drive kit. I have had no problems thus far. One thing to keep in mind is that once the PCIe card is in DO NOT REMOVE IT when bus power is supplied or you will panic kernal your computer.

It works well other than that :)

2.5 Gbits per channel -