Lacie 500 Drive Doesn't Show Up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jasajo, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Jasajo macrumors newbie

Okay, so I know this is a really old complaint and I've seen plenty of threads like this after doing a few quick searches. But I would like to just set out exactly the problems I'm having and get a more specific response.

So basically I have three external drives daisy chained up to my iMac, an 80, 500 and 1TB. Recently the 500 has failed to show up on the desktop alongside the other drives. I can't remember exactly when it happened, but it may well have been after my computer crashed and forced me to shut it down using the power button.

All other drives appear to be fine, and the 1TB which is daisy chained through the 500 to the 80 shows up just fine. I've checked Disk Utility and there's no sign of the 500 drive there. However in System Profiler there is an "Unkown Device" next to the other drives in the Firewire section.

I've tried the 500 on a G5 and turned it on/off, restarted the computer and all the other usual things. Any advice anyone can offer?

I'm hoping it isn't too major a problem!

Cheers.

2. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

If you have data that needs to be recovered, you can try Disk Warrior or Data Rescue II or File Salvage

If you are just trying to get the drive up and running, I would suggest starting with Disk Warrior, but it is not free.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]