LaCie 5big Network?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AT71, Dec 24, 2008.

1. AT71 macrumors member

AT71

Read on LaCie storage products and I surprised to find unfavourable users' feedback. Tech reviews are generally useless to me. But users' feedback are more helpful because users are the one who experienced the products. What unfavourable stuff? Well, it seems that LaCie storage products are prone to faster failures. In order words, good to look at but crap in usage. Wonder whether it's worth to get this or DIY a RAID5 myself.

2. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

I hate Lacie products. I bought a 500gb external HD, and it made such a loud noise, plus, when I picked it up, it basically flew from my hand and landed on the ground.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

3. AT71 thread starter macrumors member

AT71

Thanks. Pretty much of the users' feedback are like yours. Perhaps, I shouldn't let the design cloud my buying decision.

4. LTX macrumors regular

LTX

I don't know why everyone here hates LaCie; I've had one of their 500GB externals for one year and it works great, zero problems. Maybe I'm lucky, or maybe it's on its way out soon. Also, I'm a technician, so don't assume I don't know much about hardware when you reply :p