LaCie d2 Quadra external HD with OSX

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by p33, Nov 7, 2007.

1. p33 macrumors member

Anybody is using a LaCie d2 Quadra external HDD with Mac OS X? (http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10894)

It's a nice USB2/Firewire400/800/eSATA extenal drive which claims to be OSX compatible. I would rather rely on real user feedback though. As I am in the posiion to buy one, any feedback on its performance/issues would be appreciated.

2. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Just bought one about 2 hours ago (500 GB), I haven't hooked it up yet. I'll let you know by tonight what my short experience with it is.

3. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Well, it's a little noisey but very responsive though. I may have to move it under my desk to deaden the sound a little.

4. mattraehl macrumors 6502

I have a d2 Triple, a d2 Quadra, and the LaCie d2 DVD burner. Never had a problem with any of them, and they all work with OS X out of the box. I've heard that LaCie's tech support isn't so great, but I can't speak from experience.

5. p33 thread starter macrumors member

OK, thank you both. Customer reviews of the drive at the apple store web page are not great, but you never know to what extent they are representative, I'll keep looking into it.