Lacie Drive Dropping BT

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by OneHump, Mar 17, 2009.

1. OneHump macrumors member

Hi All. I've got a Lacie 1B ext HD on a brand spankin new MBP. The MBP started losing it's connection to my wireless KB and Mouse right out of the box. This went on for a couple of days then stopped for about a week until it was sent back.

Apple sent a new laptop and it's happening again. The only common denominator here is the connection of a Lacie drive, which had been plugged in both times. The only way to restore BT KB and Mouse is to restart reset permissions on reboot.

Is anyone aware of an issue with Lacie and OS X or the MBP that would cause this?

Thanks in advance.

2. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Maybe I've missed something, but aren't the mouse and keyboard another common denominator?...

3. OneHump thread starter macrumors member

It's possible, but unlikely. The monitor could also be considered one. The fact is that all was well for a solid week. The only time this has happened is when the lacie drive is plugged in, so I'm going with that as being, if nothing else, the common event.

4. OneHump thread starter macrumors member

Come on guys, there are some smart people here. You're not going to leave me with a thoughtless, sarcastic comment with as much use as a second corn hole are you?

5. gotblah macrumors newbie

6. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Uh... so, you're having problems with a BT keyboard and mouse, and you think suggesting the keyboard and mouse might be the issue is as reasonable as suggesting the monitor is the problem? :confused:

Try resetting the SMC.

7. OneHump thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys. No Lacie software. The first MBP was 2 day sold with no sotware. The new one is 0 days old, no software.

The keyboard and mouse could be a problem if it were not for the fact that everything dies only at some point after the Lacie is plugged in.

I'll try resetting the SMC as suggested. Thanks.

8. OneHump thread starter macrumors member

Apple Care confirmed that it's a known issue with the power supply on some LaCie 1TB drives. They suggested that I return the drive.