Lacie Harddrive, Button not working...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ZballZ, Apr 16, 2008.

1. ZballZ macrumors regular

Just got a new LaCie 1TB Quadra drive.

BUT, the blue button has no light in it - and the shortcut function does not seem to work.

I am running thru FW800, and have already installed the software for the button.

Any LaCie owners out there, that knows anything about this issue??

THX

2. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

It doesn't sound like the drive spun up if the blue button isn't lit. Does the disk appear on your computer? Check your cable connections and make sure they are fully seated.

3. ZballZ thread starter macrumors regular

Didn't explain the problem well enough - the weird thing is, the drive works perfectly! Yes, I see it on the desktop, everything is fine. I have already started using it.

It is only the damn BUTTON that doesnt work. I have installed the required software from LaCie to use the button, I have configured it to launch SilverKeeper - but the button is dead. No response. And no light.

I could probably live without the button-feature, but I was wondering if this could mean that the drive is faulty in any other way as well...

4. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

If this is the case where just the button doesn't light up and is non functional, I would definitely call LaCie Tech Support about it.