Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman756

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys,

I have a Lacie Rugged 80GB with Firewire 400/800 and USB 2.0. I was using it just fine last night to back up my 12 PB. Then I yanked out the Firewire cord without ejecting it. Now, this morning it takes like 20min to mount. Then it says Read only, Time machine cannot write to this drive. I have tryed two different computers, all three interfaces and different cords. Now, It will not mount at all, no matter how long I let it sit. I hear the hard drive spinning, but will not mount and I can't see it in Disk Utility either. Thanks!

denydesigns

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2010
Currently having same issue...did u resolve?

Same thing happened to me. Were you able to figure this out or get help? Please let me know. Thx!

quantum003

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2009
Superposition
Disk Warrior helps greatly in situations like this. Do you happen to have that program? ...well worth the money even if you have to buy it. Saved my bacon several times at least.

diskwarriorscreena.png

See the screen shot... your LaCie disk will likely show up saying "not mounted on desktop". Then you can have Disk Warrior rebuild the file directory and resolve the issue completely.

Maybe someone else knows of a free solution though. Does the drive show up in About this Mac?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.