Lacie TB drive delayed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mac jones, Jul 16, 2011.

1. mac jones macrumors 68040

2. menomano macrumors member

read the article before you post.
    This refers to the Australian market (first link in the article). Winter there is summer in the northern hemisphere.

nothing changed.

3. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

This whole ThunderBolt thing is sounding like a clever bait and switch. (And before before all the Apple Worshipers here disagree, let's hear about your new TB device on the market today that didn't require a freaking 2nd mortgage on your house).

The way I see it, I just swapped out a working FW port when I upgraded. Screw the pricey crap. Where the hell are all these TB adapters at?

4. mac jones thread starter macrumors 68040

Ha!, that's why I posted. I wasn't sure about that and forgot about the winter/summer thing.

Thanks

Would be a bit unnerving if it was true.

Ok, so I screwed up a little....:D

5. Mr MM macrumors 65816

Mr MM

errr... where did you lost your firewire port? its still there.

a high I/O port like that is made for professional use, the peripherals are going to cost more, and I have never heard about a NAS that was cheap.

Basically multimedia professionals are the ones that are going to get the benefit:

cams
    external pcie adapter, for cards like gpus, soundcards and so forth
    external storage of large files
    and so forth...

The idea is to have a direct connection to the pcie slot, thus only things that use that kind of high I/O are going to be benefited. And they never are cheap