Lacie TB drive delayed?

menomano

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2009
usa
read the article before you post.
This refers to the Australian market (first link in the article). Winter there is summer in the northern hemisphere.

nothing changed.

Steve's Barber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
This whole ThunderBolt thing is sounding like a clever bait and switch. (And before before all the Apple Worshipers here disagree, let's hear about your new TB device on the market today that didn't require a freaking 2nd mortgage on your house).

The way I see it, I just swapped out a working FW port when I upgraded. Screw the pricey crap. Where the hell are all these TB adapters at?

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
read the article before you post.
This refers to the Australian market (first link in the article). Winter there is summer in the northern hemisphere.

nothing changed.
Ha!, that's why I posted. I wasn't sure about that and forgot about the winter/summer thing.

Thanks

Would be a bit unnerving if it was true.

Ok, so I screwed up a little....:D

Mr MM

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2011
This whole ThunderBolt thing is sounding like a clever bait and switch. (And before before all the Apple Worshipers here disagree, let's hear about your new TB device on the market today that didn't require a freaking 2nd mortgage on your house).

The way I see it, I just swapped out a working FW port when I upgraded. Screw the pricey crap. Where the hell are all these TB adapters at?
errr... where did you lost your firewire port? its still there.

a high I/O port like that is made for professional use, the peripherals are going to cost more, and I have never heard about a NAS that was cheap.

Basically multimedia professionals are the ones that are going to get the benefit:

cams
external pcie adapter, for cards like gpus, soundcards and so forth
external storage of large files
and so forth...

The idea is to have a direct connection to the pcie slot, thus only things that use that kind of high I/O are going to be benefited. And they never are cheap

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.