Lacie Two Big w/ SATA

antdfsc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
Mass
Work recently purchased a Lacie Two Big 2-Disk Raid system with SATA 2 for our power mac G5. The PCI X card that came with the drive was too large to fit into the slots inside the computer, and Lacie had no relevant answer on how to get around this. We called apple and they recommended we buy a PCI Express SATA Internal Card card from aaxeon (Model SATA1414). I installed the card into the PCI slot, and the computer wont recognize it. Anyone have any suggestions on how to either get the G5 to recognize the Card, or a way to hook up the external drive internally. Thanks!

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Which PowerMac G5 do you have - the Pre Oct 19 2005 one with the PCI-X slots, or the Dualcore model with the PCI-e slots. The cards are mutually exclusive between the two.

What did aaxeon technical support say when you called them?

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Barefeats has not tested that PCI Express card, only the USB/Firewire card. :eek:

And I see no support for Macs on that card on their site, could be why it wasn't tested.

antdfsc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
Mass
I called aaxeon and they emailed me a driver for the card, but no luck still, I'm going to call them back tomorrow. Any other suggestions on how to get this monster drive to work??