Lacing

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jasonbot, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I got my first pair of converse hi tops today, some leather product(red) ones and was wondering what the best way to lace them up would be? They seem impossible to put on unlike my old ones low cut? ones which I could just slip on and off.

2. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

You have to loosen them up down to the third or fourth set of ringlets in order to get 'em on. I have to actually take the laces out about that far, put them on, and them lace 'em up all the way back, because i replaced the laces and they are too short. Then, loosen 'em up about as far to take them off. Time consuming, to be sure, but the end result is rather worth it.:)

3. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Well thats kinda depressing :( Ah well, cant turn back now!

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I think you would be much happier with some velcro sneakers.:p

5. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

Or a pair of sandals!

Better yet, run around bare footed like our close relations the monkeys (not that I am calling you a monkey or anything...)

6. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

You might think about skipping a hole or two around where the foot meets the bottom of the leg, and instead just run them straight up into the next hole, and then resume crossing over. This will open it up a little bit, and possibly allow enough room for your foot to slide through. I'll try to find a picture of what i'm talking about.

EDIT: Made my own from a couple different pics:

Attached Files:

7. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

Ooh, thanks for this. Not only does it make it easier to put them on, it also has the extra consequence of giving you more lace to work with, especially if your laces are a little too short for the shoe. Plus, they look kinda different that way.