lack of an apple remote (whining)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ComeOnDieYoung, May 28, 2008.

1. ComeOnDieYoung macrumors member

I realize the word "PRO" means professional, and with a high-end computer like a mac pro i'm supposed to be sitting in my swivel chair animating all day... but I also use the computer for entertainment

Would it really have been that difficult to include an Apple Remote with the Mac Pro?

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

No, but seeing as the Mac Pro has no IR-sensor to receive the signal, it would ultimately be a waste of resources to include an Apple Remote.

3. Volante macrumors regular

i'm using a keyspan receiver, apple remote and remote buddy for support on my mac pro. I'm guessing they don't include IR on the mac pro because it's a tower that you have on the floor, which would mean poor ir reception.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

How is this working for you? I was just about to buy a Mac Pro when I realized there is no sensor. Watching videos on this will be my main purpose for buying one due to the huge amount of storage space I can have.

Will Apple stores have any remote systems that can work with the Mac Pro?

5. aibo macrumors 6502

Using an Apple remote + eHome 2005 receiver + remote buddy software here. Works great.

6. Virtuoso macrumors regular

If they ever get around to updating the Cinema displays, it would be good to have a remote sensor built in. That would get around the problem of the tower being tucked away on the floor. Most people tend to point a remote at a screen anyway, regardless of where the device they want to control is actually located.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

+1. Do some research, thread starter.

8. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I have a Mira IR receiver and apple remote. It works just as if it was included.

9. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

I suspect Apple will do this when (if) they ever update the ACD's. Of course this is only speculation (wishing) on my part as I have no insider source at Apple to suggest such things.