Lack Of drivers

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Antiriv, May 17, 2011.

1. Antiriv macrumors newbie

Hello forums. Warning: I am a NOOB. I did manage to put windows 7 64 bit on the bastard half but for some reason It tells me I lack both an audio and video cards. This tells me i lack those drivers. And I managed not to acquire them off the bootcamp CD while the keyboard has 99% function. Please help. I'm tempted to snap my mac book bro in two -.-'.

2. 3141 macrumors newbie

does it work with 32 bit?

I have read in a number of places that 64 bit is not fully supported.

Try installing 32 bit - I've done that and found it works fine (well with a few frustrating issues but I can live with those).

Let me know how you get on.

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Support for 64-bit versions of Windows on Macs is model-dependent. Which MacBook Pro do you have? If you know what month and year you purchased it in, you can do a simple lookup against the supported list, here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1846

4. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

MacBook Pro with C2D (Core2Duo) and above should do 64bit fine

After installing the drivers, have you used Apple Software update to update the drivers to Bootcamp 3.2 yet??

my 2010 MBP runs 64 bit fine and i've always keep it up to date with the software update...