Lack Of iPhone 6 Plus Leaks?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Konvictz, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Konvictz macrumors regular

I think its interesting that while both sizes went into mass production in the last 2-3 weeks, we have seen so many parts and case leaks for the iphone 6.

Yet in contrast we have seen hardly any leaks for the plus which obviously led to people thinking it would not exist.

So how were they able to keep the iphone 6 plus leaks to minimum when both devices are produce and coming out at the same time?

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

3. redtapemedia macrumors member

The scarcity of the parts may have meant they were easier for Apple to keep track of, and it might be that because of their larger physical size the parts were harder to smuggle out too. There were a few parts leaks, like the battery and the motherboard and I think there was a back, or the die for the back piece.

4. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

2-3 weeks? Ha

These have been in production for months. It takes a log time to make 10s of millions of anything.

5. Mustangjac macrumors member

Mustangjac

I'm not sure that's the case. I'm an avid tech blog reader and I've seen a ton of leaks for the 6+, rear case, logic board, glass.....pretty much everything I've seen on the 6 as well. The only bit of contention seemed to be WHEN it would be shipping....either along side the 6, or later.

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Not really. These phones were assembled in the last 3 weeks id assume. Yes parts may be ready, but they're not waiting to be shipped out in August or before that.

7. icowboys macrumors newbie

The Plus must be too big to be smuggled out of the factories ;)

8. Konvictz thread starter macrumors regular

Lol.

Just wondering how apple kept so tight about one phone and not the other.

Anyway iphone leaks are good for apple, they realised it gets everyone talking after the iphone 4 got leaked.

9. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I believe I read somewhere that the 4.7" went into production in early July and the 5.5" in early August.