Lack of MMS tied to AT&T / sim?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cjandnw, Jun 12, 2008.

1. cjandnw macrumors 6502

I sold my iPhone on EB. I am using my iPhone sim card in a RAZR V3xx 3G. I have not changed my AT&T iPhone plan. I still cannot receive an MMS. I still get the 'viewmymessage' notification.
    Pardon my possible ignorance, but does this mean that the iPhone plan prevents MMS? Obviously a RAZR would normally be able to receive MMS.

2. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

3. aosman macrumors 6502

I think the lack of MMS is a software issue rather than a Hardware issue. I would check the settings, as advised.

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Try changing the plan and see if you still have the same issue.

5. cjandnw thread starter macrumors 6502

Will check the settings. It did work for my sister in law who gave me the phone to use until the 3G iPhone is available.

I am afraid to change my plan from iPhone, because I may not be eligible for the subsidized iPhone3g pricing.

THX for your input.

6. Love Juice macrumors regular

um ...no, it isnt tied to the at&t sim. dont you think the people who use their phone on tmobile would "suddenly" be able to receive mms'? it has to do w/ the phone and nothing else.

7. theHunter macrumors newbie

at&t blocks it server side, talked to a rep yesterday about adding pay per use(even said it was when I used a razr) and he would not do it for me.