Lack of numpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sammy0025, Jan 28, 2012.

1. sammy0025 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I wish to use the numpad on a 13" MacBook Pro late 2011. Problem is that I'm am using Bootcamp to boot Windows so I can play some of my games. Unfortuanetly a critical key just happened to use the numpad. I am not willing to buy a numpad keyboard just for that. I heard that it's impossible to press any numpad stuff, so anybody has an idea how I should hit a numpad key on the MacBook keyboard. Just saying, I'm just playing GTA Vice City modded to become something like Back To The Future. I just need to press num 5 to make my DeLorean time machine hover.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

What's wrong with pressing the '5' key in the top row?

3. sammy0025 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, the game would not respond to the "5" key. It ONLY accepts numpad key imputs, that's why I urgently need to get numpad somehow without buying any hardware.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Try pressing the 'I' key. On the pre-unibody laptops, the 'I' was the numpad '5' after pressing F6. The newer laptops don't show them on the keys anymore, but give it a try. You may need to press the fn key to enable it. F6 on the new keyboards isn't the Num Lock key anymore.

I don't have a newer MBP so I am taking an educated guess here.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You can try to remap macros to certain number pad keys.

6. bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

wow. your definition of urgent and mine are not the same.
    [​IMG]

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You just need to sort out which is the bigger priority to you. If it's the first then you apparently con't understand the definition of critical or urgent. As stated above, first world problem.