Lack of Office/iWork programs on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stuy119, Aug 30, 2008.

1. stuy119 macrumors newbie

What's the general consensus among those of you who are "business" users? I'm considering a swtich from the Treo 750 (with WM).

I know the iPhone will allow you to view docs/spreadsheets/presentations, but I'm torn about not being able to manipulate files when needed.

How are others feeling about it after switching? Am I just worried for no reason?

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

My previous experience with manipulating files on a PDA was using Documents To Go on a Palm device, as well as the mobile stuff on WM. And invariably, the documents were so complex that the mobile versions of these apps would end up botching them, and they would always come out a mess.

Me, I'm happy viewing documents on the iPhone, and making actual changes (if needed) on a desktop or laptop.

3. jds4300 macrumors member

I feel your pain! I switched from a Treo 755P with Documents to Go by Dataviz. I MISS BEING ABLE TO MANAGE, EDIT, AND CREATE WORD FILES on my phone! However, the iPhone still BLOWS the Treo out of the water with all of its other features! The iPhone is not only a great phone, it is a SPECTACULAR computer. There are MANY apps available at the App (CRAPP) Store that allow you to view Word documents on the iPhone, I have tried MANY and they all have one thing in common, THEY ARE USELESS AND A ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS TO DEAL WITH ! My suggestion, buy the iPhone, then download Filemark Maker (Google this, it is not a Crapp Store App). Filemark Maker will allow you to import all of your word Docs as bookmarks, which you can place in a documents folder and VIEW, though not EDIT on your iPhone. I am hoping and praying that Dataviz releases an iPhone version of Documents to Go! This app is sorely needed for those interested in managing documents on an iPhone. Apparently, this feature resides very low on Apples priority list for some STUPID reason. Get the iPhone, you will be BLOWN AWAY!

4. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

I'd love to be able to create full Word documents and simply sync them over to my PC. Hell why not a simple powerpoint app??