Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iammike1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
O'fallon IL
Those who have been with Apple longer then me (the last 6 months or so), can you give me a bit of insight on if the absence of Mini's in the Referb section means anything?

I am wanting a Mini to take care of some simple task I'd rather not have on my other Mac's and was planning on grabbing a Refurb but I've been keeping my eye out for weeks and I've not seen a single one on the Mac website.

mpshay

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
Florida
not sure what the future holds for the Mini, but do occasionally show up in the refurb store, but don't last long. I just bought a second Mini (refurb 2.0 GHZ) about 3 weeks ago. I have a couple different RSS subscriptions that are pretty good about letting me know what's in the apple refurb store. Deal news is one and the other is Mac2Sell

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Yep, Mini's rarely last when placed. But, they do come, and they are pretty good deals. Here are some that I saw:

1.66GHZ CD Mini with 512mb RAM, 60GB HDD - $429
1.83GHZ C2D Mini with 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD - $499
2.00GHZ C2D Mini with 1GB Ram, 120GB HDD - $679

Keeping your eye on the refurb page is all I can recommend doing.

stukdog

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2004
Like others have mentioned, the minis show up in the Refurbished store pretty often, but they are often gone quickly.

We deal with a lot of Mac minis and are constantly sent emails on whether we have used ones for sale. When we do have them, we post the details and they are usually gone quickly.

The Mac mini has incredible resale value and interest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.