Lack of SSD at Refurb Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MajorTCS, Sep 18, 2009.

1. MajorTCS macrumors regular

I have noticed that the Apple Refurb Store only has SSD available for the MBA. Can't find a MB or MBP with SSD. Is this a trend that means anything or maybe an indication that the SSD models have been bought up? Just checked again. I am wrong. There are a few 17" MBP's.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

SSD models have been sold out, new one occurs by time to time. You can call Apple and ask if there's a reason or just ask is there any available atm

3. silentnite macrumors 6502a

silentnite

I normally see the ssd's on Tuesday's. I think that's when apple updates the refurb store. You've got to be ready, because they do sell out really fast. A good idea is to go on very early morning or very late night. :apple:

4. olisones macrumors regular

I'm not sure where you are in the world, but if you go on the UK Refurb store around 1am everyday then there tends to be more stock.

Actually, it would be good to know what time the US store is updated nightly as well.

5. ymarker macrumors member

Might be cheaper to get the base model and swap out with an intel x25 gen 2 ssd. Available now for about $226 @buy.com