Lack of USB C to USB C 3.1 Cables?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by biosci, Dec 11, 2016.

1. biosci macrumors 6502a

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but I haven't been able to spot any good USB C -> USB C 3.1 cables. All seem to be 2.0.

I wanted to hook up a USB 3.1 Type C Hub remotely and have it carry usb 3.0 speeds and power through a single USB cable to the MBP.

Anyone else seeing the same thing OR know of a working one?

The ONLY one that I know of is the Belkin one from the Apple store.. But it's only 3ft long.. Looking for at least 4-6 if possible as 3 may just be cutting it close for my desk situation.

2. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

Fairly certain you can get any Thunderbolt 3 cable and that will have all backwards compatibility necessary to facilitate USB-3.1 to USB 3.1.

It's strange I've noticed there's a tendency for most USB-c to USB-c cables on the market to only support 2.0 speeds, with a few more supporting 3.0 speeds. I agree there's hardly anything that will support USB-c 3.1 to USB-c 3.1, however I believe it's because these Thunderbolt 3 supporting cables will do the job.

3. iizmoo macrumors 6502

Anker has them, and they're pretty good. I have both C to C and C to A. Just happened to be 3ft long though.

But it sound like what you're looking for is a dock rather than cables?