Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce ...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hardliner, Aug 1, 2008.

1. hardliner macrumors member

hardliner

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen from overseas,

my all new MacBook Pro arrived yesterday. Usually I just read the forum, instead of being active. But what happened here, is just amazing.

First, it started 2005 with selling my crappy (I mean heavy crappy) Averatec ( I called it CrapAttack) notbook and bought myself an eMac for the start. The Mac OSX amazed me.

So, in 2006 I bought with my hard-earned money as a Student an all new MacBook. I was happy, like in my early childhood, when my Dad came back at home with a bag full of He-Man figures. I was really happy. And thank to my MacBook 13", 1,83" I mastered a big chunk of challenges in university. Design, movie editing, presentations, etc. No big deal with the Macbook.

Now, with my last semester and final in December, I just bought myself a MacBook Pro with 2,4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 200 GB, NVidia GeForce GT 256 MB, all new for just 1350 Euro! I think it's 2,100 Bucks in the good ol' US. In the box, there was also the TubeStick (mint and new) included.

I was stunned by the design, the enlightened keyboard, premium display (I won't speak about the MacBooks one), the metallic design ... just stunning.

I synced it with my Time Machine and had all my stuff in a snap. Could you imagine these things with Windows Vista Mista? I don't think so.

Well, thank you guys for taking time reading some european thoughts about this masterpiece of design.

PS: I was aware about the rumors that a new MBP in the stall! But even if a new one's come out. The Design is a Masterpiece and very hard to top. The specs are good for 2-3 years for me. And rumors are, that the Design will be very MacBook Air-oriented. Yes – the female notebook for Starbucks-addicted fashionstas. (No offense to the beautyiful and beloved gender). But the MBA design is just not my way of seriousness.

Thank you guys!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Congrats and welcome to the MBP Club! (and MR as well)

Enjoy your new machine!!
    And make yourself at home on the board!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. hardliner thread starter macrumors member

hardliner

Thanks for the read.

Before, I never understood people purchasing a MacBook Pro for 700-900 Bucks more, when you have nearly everything in a MacBook.

But when you have one at home, you are just thinking:" Damn, I must be very stupid and arrogant before. How could I?"

Today, I returned at my bar, to check my OSX at the Macbook, because I want to sell it at eBay. – What a difference. It is very strange. It is a huge difference.

The MBP is a complete office, if you ask me. I am happy to start with adobe and some movie editing with that kind of beast.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I got my 17" MBP and never looked back
    It is my only computer and the only computer I need

Thanks for sharing your good experience
    We hear a lot of negatives ones... so it is refreshing

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I got rid of my MacBook in Jan. after having it for 4 months as a replacement from Apple for my iBook G4. I thought it was great at first but then I went into an Apple Store to check out the iPhone...I spent a ton of time with the MBP and I noticed what I was missing out of a computer. Great computer and build quality.

My Dad currently has an Averatec...its thin and light but also has horrible build quality, horrible screen, horrible processor (AMD 1.2GHz YIKES!!), and some other cheap crap in it. The fan constantly spazes out for no reason...horrible computer and the worst investment my Dad ever made.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Congrats. I got all excite and all with the title :p

7. hardliner thread starter macrumors member

hardliner

Noodle. I bought a iPhone (the one with the metallic back, of course) in February. Best phone ever. No hassle or need to be angry.

Well, the averaCrap was good for me at the beginning. But after 3 weeks you see the OS is getting laggish and very slow, with very misterious subfiles from windows and several from third-party apps you never get rid of them. Then the fan started for hours. After watchig a DVD at night my stomach went red and very hot. No kiddin'! I was burned by watching American Psycho at 2:50 a.m. And it was very hot underneath the notebook. After 3 months the right speaker broke. After a year the display started to flicker. After you gave a soft fist at the side, it was okay. After 1,5 years it crashed because of a virus, although I always updated a virus and trojan scanner. Yes, all my data went to the nirvana with a blue screen. It was by about 2005. I will never forget this. Thank god, I stored my data at an extern drive.

After reinstalling windows with SP2 or 3, I finished after 16 hours. Yes, no lie. 16 hours for a fresh OS. Big crap! Then some parts started to crack down. The entire plastic started to crack. I won't never forget this!

So with a MacBook, i can say that the OSX and Design amazed me It was my first real Mac. If you earned your money just for that, as a Student you feel very grateful for a tool like that, that helps you out and has very good plastic quality.

Anyway, after 2 years you see also that yur stakes are getting higher. So, the quality aspect was my first priority. The metallic case is just pure classic. I feel pleased by a Design like this. Just pure gold.

8. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Welcome to the club. Don't be afraid to post. Thoughts are what make this forum interesting.

9. hardliner thread starter macrumors member

hardliner

Thanks for the warmth welcome and excuse my grammar faults. It has nearly 4-5 years I was in the good ol' US for an entire year.

My next big step will be, making a business site with iWeb. Yes, I smell the fear:" Business and iWeb?" But it is possible. i saw some good sites. Later, i will do it with Dreamweaver or Flash.

With the MBP as a partner, there will be no lag or problems. Can't hardly wait to start and post it here. And MobileMe of course. I do have a test account. But will purchase it in a coupla days.

Best
    hardliner

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Let them iron out any more kinks before you make a commitment. Also to be frank the iWeb/MobileMe isn't very robust.

11. pinktank macrumors 6502

Make sure you get in on the freeware soon, it makes life easier. Try osx.iusethis.com . Start with onyx and quicksilver