iPhone Lag develops over time, resolves with respring

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fazzk, May 7, 2013.

1. fazzk macrumors newbie

Hi, I have an issue ever since installing evasion where my phone will lag considerably. It is not a universal lag, it only occurs when I am in an app, hit the home button, my phone is completely unresponsive for 3-4 seconds. The odd thing is it becomes slowly worse the longer I go without respringing, which is how I resolve the issue.

As soon as I respring the phone becomes instantly responsive again when returning to the home screen. I usually respring a couple times per day, when I am tired of dealing with the lag. Does anyone have an idea of what could be going on? I notice my RAM does slowly go lower and lower over time and is reset when I respring, however freeing up RAM by itself does not seem to resolve the problem. Thanks!

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Make sure your background apps close properly

3. rygamble macrumors regular

Sounds like one of your tweaks has a memory leak issue.

4. fazzk thread starter macrumors newbie

OK thanks. How can I make sure they close properly or that I have a memory leak. I thought about hte memory leak because I saw the low RAM however it was confusing that freeing up RAM and manually closing all open apps didn't resolve it.

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

You have to uninstall the tweak or wait for the developer to fix the memory leak but the problem is pinpointing which tweak is causing the memory leak