Lag/HD Failure rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MikesGravity, Jan 11, 2013.

1. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

So I have a base (2.3/8GB/256) rMBP that has had some pretty bad lag and when I commit things sometimes they won't take (itunes track names etc.). So I ran the diagnostics and got:

ALERT! 4HDD/11/40000000 SATA (0,0)

My Macbook is only a few weeks old (Christmas Returns to Best Buy can be done until the 24th) so I am exchanging for a new one tonight. I'm worried about getting an IR screen (mine is perfect) but I don't want to take my brand new laptop to apple and have them replace the HDD.

This is just documentation for others. I'll report how my new one is.

2. MikesGravity thread starter macrumors 6502

UPDATE: I exchanged my rMBP today, no questions asked. I booted up and setup the way I like. This one is MUCH smoother and solid. The reboot times and wake from sleep are drastically quicker. This is not a placebo effect, I promise you.

It does not lag nearly as much as my first in mission control (plus I don't have the bugs I would get on the old one due to the SSD being bad).

Everything seems snappier (including scrolling). I am probably just having some "normal" lag that hopefully will be fixed with a software update.

Much happier with this one.

ONE thing (and I see it's common), when using automatic graphic switching, my speakers pop a little. GRRRRRRR come on Apple, QC!!!!